Rebekah is a classically trained vocalist and experienced vocal coach, with a background and interest in a wide variety of music styles such as Pop and Rock, Indie, Classical, Choral, Musical Theatre, Folk and Gospel/Worship Music.
Vocal lesson content is completely tailored towards each individual pupil, but will usually contain elements of warming up, vocal exercises to train and strengthen the voice, ear training, and ongoing song work. If required or desired lessons can also cover harmony work, recording demos, performance preparation, exam preparation, sight singing skills or be combined with music theory and/or songwriting tuition if needed.
You can usually choose to work on songs of your own choice and in the genre you'd like to work in, with Rebekah occasionally suggesting other songs as and when suitable.
Vocal Lessons with Rebekah will result in:
- An increased understanding of the physiology of the voice
- Increased confidence, whether for personal enjoyment or public performance
- A greater understanding of your own voice and how to train and strengthen it
- Knowing how to look after and maintain your vocal health
- Knowing how to effectively learn a song and make it your own
- An increased understanding of the psychology of performance and song delivery
- Knowing how to effectively practise and prepare for a performance
- Being equipped with a wide range of useful vocal exercises for further training
- An increased understanding of musical terminology and critical listening skills
Recommended Lesson Length and Frequency
- 1 Hour Fortnightly for Secondary school age and beyond
- ½ Hour Fortnightly for Primary school age
- 1 Hour: £30
- ½ Hour: £18
- 1 Hour Taster: £20
- ½ Hour Taster: £12
- Additional Costs may include: Travel Costs, Backing Tracks, Sheet Music, Exam Entry Fees.
Want a Group Vocal Workshop delivered for your school, club, conference, youth group or charity event?
Over the past few years Rebekah has delivered Gospel Workshops at Women's Conferences, Songwriting Workshops for youth groups, written and taught numerous group vocal arrangements for musical theatre and pop songs, worked with Bath Young Carer's Team and Bath Philharmonia Projects and much more. Rebekah can design and deliver a tailor-made workshop for you to suit most requirements and budgets. Whether you want a one off workshop or a series of them, don't hesitate to contact Rebekah to discuss your ideas and various options and to receive a quote.